Hello, and I am a Senior at Iowa State University and I am currently studying Management Information Systems. Besides doing the school side of my life, I enjoy being with friends. I have worked many jobs including things with video production, sound technician, IT, printing/graphics, aquatic facilities, and technical sales for an industry leader in LED message displays.
I am a mature and highly motivated college student working towards a degree in Management Information Systems at Iowa State University in preparation for future opportunities in information systems and IT. I am team-oriented with the ability to develop and execute ideas and initiatives. I feel I am reliable employee and student with an excellent work ethic and positive attitude:
Looking for opportunities for internships in IT and technical IT sales. Very passionate about computers and networking.
Content below is provided from my LinkedIn Profile, which can be seen here:
- Working while being a student at Iowa State University to continue my experience as intern and learning about event production and their Live Events Market
- Gained experience in event production with a sport emphasis
- Learned specialized equipment such as Daktronics – Venus 7000, various scoreboard equipment, Dak Stats, Show Control, and Tri-Caster.
- Produced live video for Cyclones.tv and streaming of live game feeds over the internet to our paid subscribers and Mediacom customers
Brookings, South Dakota
- Gained and provided product knowledge to co-workers and clients through hands on manufacturing and product demonstrations to clients and customers.
- Experienced speaking to customers and clients through 7 on location product demonstrations, 1 convention, and 5 tours given of our manufacturing facilities.
- Developed professionally in a work environment that depended heavily on the responsibilities on the intern
- Learned and developed communications for their student transfer website and newsletters for the program
- Talked and traveled to Iowa’s community colleges to state the benefits of Iowa State’s EAPP Program
- Worked on a team with 3 mentors with various responsibilities to promote events and programing activities
Iowa Falls, Iowa•
- Independent Print Operations Assistant servicing upwards of 20 customers a day
- Cut vinyl decals, full color prints from shirts to copies, and developed graphics and products to meet customer needs. Fast learner of equipment and technology, in a fast paced, high demand production setting.
- Network Administrator – Managed one windows server for backups of the nine workstations and various printers, copiers, and various other graphic equipment, including garment printers, cutters, and vinyl printing
- Helped with daily management of collections such as check-in and out and circulation procedures.
- Worked with patrons of all ages on a daily basis to provide customer service and research resources.
- Network Administrator – Managed and improved their network and infrastructure including 1 Windows Server and 9 windows workstations
Iowa Falls, Iowa
- Promoted 4 times for excellent service to the public and professionalism
- Managed and developed monetary ledgers and daily deposits electronically for pool staff use
- Supervised a 7 member team of lifeguards along with a 5 member team for concessions
- Red Cross Instructor – career teaching total of 10 LGI courses, 27 swimming lesson sessions, and 18 private lessons
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Management Information Systems, General
Major GPA 3.84, Cumulative GPA 2.71
Activities and Societies: MIS Club Member 2010 – Present, (NOBE) National Organization for Business and Engineering – Iowa State Chapter 2011 – Present, Collegiate United Methodist and Wesley Foundation Member, Wesley Foundation Board Member, faithspring Techie for faithspring church service.
Honor and Leadership positions:
- United Methodist/Collegiate Wesley Foundation Board Member – faithspring tech. rep. 2011-Present
- Co-social chair to the Chamberlain House, Friley Hall, Iowa State University 2010-2011, 2011 – 2012
- Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Student for the 2 year community college 2009-2010
- Vice President of Scholarship for Alpha Iota Omega Chapter- Phi Theta Kappa Ellsworth Community College.
Please click the link to see my current Resume.
This page was last updated on 6/8/13.